The First Ever West Philadelphia Senior Community Center Cookbook
The Cookbook will be available to purchase at the Center!
The first ever West Philadelphia Senior Community Center cookbook features favorite and beloved recipes from members and staff. The recipes include Snacks and Starters, Soups, Salads, Side Dishes, Main Dishes, and Dessert! You'll learn about the meaningful history behind some of the recipes while enjoying a delicious variety of dishes.
Would you like to own a copy of the cookbook? Use our online donation form to place your order using Visa or MasterCard. Please select WPSCC Cookbook in the designation box and include in comments the number of cookbooks you’re ordering at $20 per book.”
You may also call our development office at Liberty Lutheran to place an order. The number is 267-464-7700.
Enjoy this recipe from our cookbook just in time for the Holidays!
Sausage Stuffing (Submitted by Linda M.)
Dish type: Side dish
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
Serving size: 6
- In a large skillet, heat butter over a low flame.
- Sauté onion and pepper together.
- Cut up sausage into small pieces, put into the
- skillet and let brown.
- Add bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Add additional seasonings, if you like (for example,
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder,
- and a little paprika).
- Stir all together.
- Mix in the hot water.
- Continue stirring, and enjoy!