West Philadelphia Senior Community Center
Today I Am Empowered
The West Philadelphia Senior Community Center is a beloved neighborhood hub for adults age 50 and better that offers lively activities for body, mind and spirit through classes, clubs, educational programs, health and wellness services, nutritious meals, transportation
Click here to read our October 2021 Newsletter and Calendar and you'll see the immense range of engaging opportunities that await you! And click here if you would like to subscribe and receive our newsletter via email each month.
We are eager to welcome you to our programs and activities, just a few of which include:
- Computer center with tablets and training
- Fitness center and trainer during scheduled hours
- Exercise and dance classes
- Quilting and sewing club
- Support groups for diabetes and other health concerns
- Pottery classes with kiln firing
- Outreach to non-English speakers
- Discounts for concerts and plays in Philadelphia
- FREE delicious hot lunch for adults age 60 and better
- Financial and retirement planning seminars
- In-home support for homebound seniors
The West Philadelphia Senior Community Center is located at 1016 N. 41st Street, at the corner of Poplar and 41st Street. We invite you to stop by, become a member and discover all the fun our active members are enjoying today!
All you need is identification that shows proof of your residence in Philadelphia and of your age. The program is free for seniors over 60, while those age 50 and above are welcome to attend for a small fee.
For more information, please email Rose Richardson at [email protected] or call 215-386-0379.
WPSCC is thrilled to announce our latest fundraising project that you and your family can keep for generations!
Full of cherished recipes from members, staff, and family, the WPSCC Cookbook is the perfect way to support our Center.
- Submit your very own recipe at no cost and we’ll feature it in the cookbook!
- Add meaningful history about the recipe that you’d like to share.
- Send us your recipes for Snacks and Starters, Soups, Salads, Side Dishes, Main Dishes and Dessert!
Want to submit your recipe?
Return your completed recipe card via email to [email protected], or mail to LCFS' WPSCC, Development Office; 7002 Butler Pike; Ambler, PA 19002, or give to Julia Diggs at the Center.
Please submit your recipe by October 1!
Cookbooks will be available for sale in November to give as holiday gifts!
Becoming one of our members is easy and a basic membership is free. We invite you to stop by, join the center and discover for yourself the experiences our active 50 and older adults are enjoying today! All you need to join is identification, proof of your residence in Philadelphia, and proof of age.
In addition to the basic membership, we offer Silver, Gold and Platinum Memberships with nominal, annual fees. These memberships feature special discounts and benefits that are offered throughout the year.
For more information, please email Rose Richardson at [email protected]a.org or call 215-386-0379.Close
Lunch With Us
Good food and great conversation are wonderful ways to meet new friends and the Center is happy to provide you with this opportunity! We offer an inexpensive, continental breakfast and a hot lunch meal Monday through Friday. As a special benefit, members who are 60 years of age or older can enjoy lunches for free.
This service is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Long Term Aging and the Philadelphia Corporation of Aging (PCA).Close
In-Home Support Program
LCFS' West Philadelphia Senior Community Center operates an In-Home Support Program (IHSP) that provides in-home social services to residents of West and Southwest Philadelphia age 60 or better who are temporarily unable to leave home without personal assistance or supervision due to illness, disability, frailty, or extreme weather conditions.
The goals of the program are to promote independence, prevent further decline and help older adults regain control of their life and surroundings. Eligibility is not based on individual or household income.
IHSP can provide:
- Home-delivered meals, transportation, and senior companionship for as long as there services are needed.
- Help with household tasks such as cleaning, shopping, and meal preparation for up to six months.
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, and toileting for up to four months if certain criteria are met.
One-time or occasional assitance can be provided for:
- Heavy cleaning
- Home repairs
- Counseling and assistance with accessing benefits and entitlements
For more information, contact Rose Richardson at [email protected] or 215-386-7301.Close
For more information, click here to contact us online.